Moskwa watch from 1950s – 16 jewels
Beautiful vintage watch manufactured on 1st Moscow Watch Factory
The Moskwa brand (Москва, meaning “Moscow”) was manufactured in the 1950s and early 1960s, using an at-the-time cutting edge caliber 2408 movement with central second hand. Consumer preferences in the 1950s were moving away from the classic timekeeping layout with a sub-dial reserved for a running second hand. Therefore, engineers at the First Moscow Watch Factory adapted the caliber 2602 (widely used in Pobedas) by adding a wheel to drive a central second hand.
The watch is mechanical and does not need batteries to operate.
Original soviet “Moskwa” has mechanical lever movement and manual winding.
CASE SIZE 31x37mm
LUG WIDTH 16mm
FUNCTIONS Hours, Minutes, Seconds
Mechanical lever movement
Watch has been fully serviced by a professional watchmaker and keeps good time.
Comes with steel bracelet.
Modes of payment:
- Credit Cards(Choose Paypal)
- BDO bank deposits (for Philippines customers only)
Fast international shipping: this watch ships out from Ukraine (with tracking number) within 2 business days!
About the watch factory
1st Moscow Watch Factory – named “1.MWF “Kirov”” from 1935 till 1964(renamed to POLJOT afterwards) – the biggest and oldest of soviet watch factories.
Russian watches have a rich and interesting history dating back over 80 years with the creation of the First Moscow Watch Factory, which today manufactures Poljot watches.
A highlight of Russia’s watch history came in 1961 when cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin took the first ever flight into space with a watch from the First Moscow Watch Factory.
POLJOT Brand History
The Moskva brand was retired in 1964, when all individual First Moscow Watch Factory brands were consolidated under a single trademark: Poljot.
Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 12 in /homepages/34/d498117831/htdocs/clickandbuilds/SovietWatchStore/wp-content/plugins/js_composer/include/classes/shortcodes/vc-basic-grid.php on line 177